Dogs Naturally magazine, my go-to resource for all things holistic, will be hosting the Natural Canine Health Symposium with over a dozen sessions by veterinary experts, including Dr. Karen Becker, integrative health expert who offers advice about pet nutrition, animal wellness and other natural pet care information at Healthy Pets; Dr. Marty Goldstein, “America’s foremost integrative veterinarian” and author of “The Nature of Animal Healing” and Dr. Richard Pitcairn, founder of the Animal Natural Health Center and author of “Dr. Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats,” which has sold over 400,000 copies.
This post contains an affiliate link, which means I will receive a commission from every sale to help support this labor of love. Although this post contains this link, all opinions are my own.
I’m particularly excited about attending “Understanding Cancer In Our Pets” presented by Dr. Marty Goldstein on Saturday, October 18 at 10:00 a.m. EST, where we’ll learn:
- What is cancer — outside of the basic thought that it’s a growth, tumor or process that unfortunately “attacks” a body
- Why has the incidence of cancer skyrocketed over the last few decades in our pet populations and what used to be a disease almost exclusively of the old is now common in the young
- What are the causative factors
- Proper way to treat/care for a cancer patient
- when is surgery truly needed
- when are other conventional methods such as chemotherapy or radiation truly warranted
- the use of alternative therapies with a cancer patient and how and when to integrate them, if needed, with a) and b) above
- diet and specific immune supportive and anti-cancer remedies, supplements or nutraceuticals
- other alternative therapies such as intravenous vitamin C
- Spiritual and emotional aspects of cancer with your pet
Thursday, October 16 – Sunday, October 19, 2014
(A recorded version of the symposium will be available.)
$179 with Super Early Bird registration through September 15th (save $70). Sign-up here.
View the full conference agenda and get to know the speakers