- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement – free help from professionally trained volunteers in pet bereavement counseling. Includes anticipatory bereavement support.
- Canine Hospice Care Options: Veterinary hospice care considerations for your canine companion by Lisa Rodler, Whole Dog Journal
- Grief Resources and Counseling by The Grey Muzzle Organization
- Guide to Planning Ahead by Coleen Ellis
- International Association for Animal Hospice and Palliative Care – a resource for hospice care, including webinars on a variety of topics such as how to care for your patient, identifying pain and support for the caregiver
- On Natural Dying and Euthanasia: Nearing the Time of Transition—Euthanasia or Natural Death by BrightHaven, Healing Arts Center for Animals
- Pet Parents: A Journey Through Unconditional Love and Grief by Coleen Ellis
- Quality of Life Scale by Dr. Alice Villalobos – learn how to quantify hurt, hunger, hydration, hygiene, happiness, mobility and more good days than bad days
- Spirits in Transition, Options in End-of-Life Care for our Animal Companions – information on hospice care for animals and to support you as your guide your pet through their passing
- The Things Nobody Tells You About Grief by Sarah Parmenter
- To Lost Friends and Fallen Comrades by Rose Frosek – a gorgeously poetic and achingly accurate piece about life after your best friend
Death is not the extinguishing of the light. It is the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come.
— Rabindranath Tagore